Family Videos

Hello to all our faithful viewers. Be sure to check out our YouTube channel. We try to update is as often as possible of videos of our adorable chillins. Or just check out the YouTube player at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's potty time...

I have been waiting for this for a long time. Makayla is ready to be potty trained. We have a little potty for little kids, that Makayla can sit on. It all started Wednesday night. After baths, I set her on the potty. She sat there for awhile then she went! I was so excited. The the past couple mornings I have let her sit on it and she has used it. She loves it. She hates getting her diaper changed so this is a nice change. But I am not sure really where to go from here. How do I get her "fully" potty trained? Any suggestions would be nice.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay Makayla! That's so awesome!

It's always hard figuring out how to transition into the potty training mode, but it's definitely good that she's interested! Use that to your advantage!

Have you thought about switching to pull-ups? I know for a lot of kids, that can make a difference since they can pull them up and down.

With Tyler and Kaiden, we made it a point to take them to the potty every hour or so, and then reward them when they went. You can figure out which type of reward system works for you.

Anyway, this is a really long comment! If you want any more of my advice, give me a call!